Tuesday, June 20, 2017

New Thoughts, New Ideas and a Positive Attitude

Life is full of ups and downs and some years carry more burdens and hardships than others. I have and always will be a person that strives at being positive. I believe that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel but sometimes taking a break, removing the clutter, re-evaluating directions can make a huge difference. When dramatic life changes occur, it is easier to just move ahead, not concentrate as it`s too hard to feel but in that midst, you can find that the experience will lead to new beginnings, new hope and clarity. That is what I am looking forward to for the rest of 2017.

 As an artist and one that is constantly changing, learning and evolving, I have been told numerous amount of times to pick one direction and go with that as a Master is someone that concentrates on one discipline as oppose to many. For me, that would not be possible. Life is meant to be an experience and although it would be much more lucrative to focus in one area, I love change. I am and have been throughout my life a professional dancer, choreographer, singer, producer and writer. Dr. K. Anders Ericsson of Florida State University, as well as other researchers, have found that it takes around 10 years or 10,000 hours of practice to master something. In that context by the time I am 60 I should have 5 master degrees..lol. My point being that I am always going to be a versatile artist as without Art, life would be intolerable.

On that note, I have been told that because I focus on many projects and different venues, people don`t really grasp what I have done, what I am doing and what are my projects. As I have never been good at self-promotion, I have not really put my work into perspective. Hence why I updated my website www.femmechakra.com. This will be my target website as it will be kept up to date. Presently you can listen and buy my music which has been a very long time coming, you can view some of my video productions from my YouTube Channel and get an idea of what I am currently doing. My social links are also available for those specific projects. In general, I am trying to make it as simple as possible to follow. Thanks to those that take the time to read, watch, listen and/or subscribe, I really do appreciate it. I could be a private artist but what fun is that if you can`t share it with someone.

I have a few new projects that I am currently working on that I will be sharing soon and I hope in the coming months to find some new and interesting ideas. Thanks again and if I don`t see some on you over the summer, I hope it is a great one. Hopefully Mother Nature will be kind to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...