Sunday, May 14, 2017

Missing Mom, FECU and Happy Mother`s Day!

It`s hard to believe it`s already been a little over a year since my mom passed away. I will never forget how the experience changed my life in so many ways. I`m sure it`s not the same for everyone as not everyone get`s to experience the closeness I had with my mom but at one point or another, if you ever truly love someone and lose them, it can be life altering. I miss her everyday. The phone calls that so frequently annoyed me when she was around. The bond that we had of understanding, accepting and caring. The laughs, the cries and the friendship. The one person that loved me unconditionally, was my biggest fan and that never judged me. Even in death she taught me so much. Never take life for granted as from one day to the next you never know what can happen and be sympathetic and caring when you hear that someone has lost someone as you should never forget how you once felt. I am so grateful that I got to spend so much time with her in her last years and although she is not here, her presence is constantly felt and remembered.


She would have been happy to know that I attended the fundraiser for the FECU, Foundation for the Education of the Children in Uganda. I find it unfortunate how in 2017 children still cannot pursue education. Whether it be here, Uganda or Internationally, all children should have the right to basic education. The FECU mission is to do just that, enable underprivileged children to pursue secondary education. Fr. David Kiyingi, a 24 year Montreal retired High School teacher was born in Uganda and has dedicated his efforts to address such issues. A huge thanks to Nada for inviting me and of course seeing all the old team from Dynamic Entertainment. The singer, Eddie Laudi, was absolutely wonderful. I love the 50`s classic and his charming vocal energy and style fit the occasion perfectly. I met some new and friendly people and spent time with familiar faces, had a great meal, entertainment and all for a good cause! If you would like to support or become a member of this foundation please contact Fr. David Kiyingi at 514-426-5593, (cell) 514-213-5778 or kiyingi.fr.david@gmail.com.

Although my mother is not here to celebrate I do have many people I care about that are doing their best at being the most fantastic mothers they can be. In that regards, I hope you all have a wonderful Mother`s Day as you all deserve it, big kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...