Sunday, April 16, 2017

Into the Woods, Allo Sherbrooke and Happy Easter!

Well it has been an interesting few weeks. Venturing from one part of town to the other, I started by catching the closing show of ``Into the Woods`` on March 26th at the Hudson Village Theatre. I really do love going back and seeing the productions by the Hudson Music Club as it brings back some great memories. It`s already been 4 years since the production of Oklahoma and yet I still feel privileged having met and worked with so many great artists. John Wilson, an all around great guy and friend who still gives a great performance every time I see him on stage and Dan Wheeler whom I have seen in numerous amount of productions just seems to get better each time! Each time I see Gail Marchand perform she still makes me laugh and those costumes, absolutely stunning! A huge congratulations to everyone in the show as it was really well produced and to a few of the artists I had never heard or seen, awesome job! Looking forward to next year`s production.

As much as enjoyed watching a show I can`t say I felt the same way about performing in one..lol. I headed to Sherbrooke last Sunday to perform along Jacques Valley as he was celebrating his birthday and invited me to join him on stage. It had been well over a year since I had performed and I was really nervous doing a show that I would be on stage straight for 40 minutes. I was disappointed with myself as vocally I should have been better prepared but it was nice to see some familiar faces and receive some appreciation by those that did enjoy the show. I was also angry at myself for not owning my weight. If you don`t know, in the last few weeks I have been trying to slowly get back into shape and instead of just accepting that fact, I chose to try and hide it. I wore a large top trying to hide the fat and instead it made me look like I was 6 months pregnant. We live and learn and next time I will know better and hopefully in time, working on my flaws, it won`t be an issue for me. It was nice performing along side Jacques as I think he has evolved into a great entertainer and hopefully one day in the future we will get to perform side by side once again.


I am slowly getting around to posting all my old shows on my Music YouTube Channel which has been really interesting as I get to go back and relive the moments. 15 years is a long time to have performed professionally and I am proud that I got to live such fabulous memories. You can catch them on my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCabV75B6Jq_3mgSExrQIMBQ

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with happy memories and great family and friends moments. I spent some time in Magog this weekend and have to say, it is a beautiful place to visit. A huge thanks to my Bestie for inviting me and hopefully I will venture out there again during the summer. Wishing you all the best and hopefully see you soon, Happy Easter!|

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...