Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Workshop at Les Grands Ballet


I went Tuesday October 28, 2014 to a jazz class given by Les Grands Ballets. The teacher was Sebastien Couture http://www.grandsballets.com/en/about/dancers/jean-sebastien-couture/

For those that don`t know:

Technical dance is extremely difficult. The accuracy is much like that of an athlete. Every move is choreographed to intertwine with the the next which all in turn creates the masterpiece of the final result. The music blends the dancers and the moves.

I thought the class was absolutely great. It was fun, engaging and Sebastien was an excellent teacher that made the moves seem elegant, sexy and challenging. I`m not sure if he will be the one giving the choreography class on January 17, 2015 but I am hoping on being there. It was nice to see such a diverse age in a class and experience a level of dance that I have been missing. For those that have been lacking motivation but have an advanced base in dance, well worth the time and money to try it. I don`t recommend the workshop for those that have no experience in dance.

On a personal note: As I write this (2 days later), every time I get up, my body reminds me that I am no longer 20 years old..lol. Technically I loved every minute of it, now I just need my cardio to catch up with my moves. It`s going to be a long process but i`m motivated. I think some Zumba ® Fitness cardio would be more beneficial for me at the moment as I want to get back into shape. It`s not easy when your muscles hurt but it does not last long. I don`t count calories, I don`t have a scale and I don`t measure my fat, it depresses me..lol. I look to find new ways to be motivated and as I used to love to dance, I don`t see why I can`t feel that passion again.

Hope to see you there! Reserve your tickets at: http://www.grandsballets.com/en/support-us/jeunes_gouverneurs/

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...