Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Femme Chakra


Just letting everyone know that my Facebook page ``Femme Chakra``  will be closing soon. Any new projects that I will be working on will fall under Femme Chakra Productions. I have a few ideas and I will see in future if I re-open it.

As for my music, if I finish my new album, it will be by Anne-Marie Taylor. I think I remember Franco Taddeo (the comedian in case you did not know) saying "if your not a celebrity or a business, you don`t need a Facebook page", and I`m not. I write lyrics and melody because I love it, not because I actually believe it will ever make me any money (lol), and I`m good with that. I think once you realise that it`s supposed to be something you enjoy as opposed to a success, the pressure is reduced and it once again it becomes a passion. I can live with that. If I find a few people that enjoy my music along the way, even better.

I chose Femme Chakra as my artist name in 2002. I was reading 2 books at the time, `The Four Agreements`` by Don Miguel Ruiz and ``Your seven Energy Centers`` by Elizabeth Clare and Patricia Spadaro.  ``Chakras`` refer to 7 energy senses in the body. As I was producing my first show along side 6 other women, the name stuck. I still have both books and still appreciate what I got from reading them. I never thought I would keep the name for 12 years..lol. 

"Femmes" was the album title of my first cover album I did between 2007 and 2010. It had some of my favorite songs I sang at many shows. I still listen to it and remember some really great moments.

When I started writing, Femme Chakra seemed like a good idea. As I initially started the project to learn and grow, it became my own little artist world. My escape from the everyday. It's a big part of me, one I don't want to lose. Hopefully it will grow into something different in the next 10 years.
 
A big thanks to those that did support my little artist world. Life can be short and I never want to be that person that does not take the time to appreciate. You can listen to my old songs over the summer by clicking on my Reverbnation link below or you can see what's new on my website at www.femmechakra.com. (PC Only) Your thoughts are always appreciated. See you soon xxoo




http://www.reverbnation.com/femmechakra





No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...