Monday, December 31, 2012

It`s A New Year - Oklahoma


I tried very hard in the last 3 months to take some time and figure out in what direction I wanted to be going in with the new year approaching. I enjoy writing. Sometimes it`s a melody and lyrics, sometimes it`s thoughts and ideas and other times it`s just to say what`s on my mind. I remember someone telling me that I was a Jack of all Trades but Master of None. I think I even got offended. He was right. I like to dabble. I like to try new things and start new projects. Some work, some don`t but I usually end up enjoying whatever experience I choose.

I missed writing my blog. Although I still enjoy writing about shows and the great talent in and around the Montreal area, I think this year I will see where is goes. Write what I feel. I was going to delete last year`s blog but then decided that would mean I was deleting all the great moments that I had. Why would I do that?




To start the year, I will be performing in the chorus and the ensemble in the Hudson Music Club`s production of Oklahoma.  I got the opportunity this year to see a lot of shows and I learned a lot but nothing compares to the reality of actually doing the show. Its' a non-profit production and on a volunteer basis. The amount of time, energy and hard work that goes into a production like this is ridiculous. One thing about the people in this show, they are extremely dedicated and passionate. I feel great that I can be part of something that is helping other people at the same time learn a great deal from experienced and talented individuals. It will only make me grow as an artist. The shows will be in the month of March at the Hudson Village Theatre but the tickets are already on sale at http://www.villagetheatre.ca/Show/139.aspx  I will be the red head in the back dressed in my 1900's farmers dress, you don't want to miss that..lol. It's for a great cause and it will be a lot of fun. More to come on the cast.

Later this year, I am looking forward to getting back into studio to hopefully finish the album. Again, it might only be a passion but it's my passion. I would really like to do some more shows in 2013, sometimes there is nothing like letting yourself go while performing live songs. What a rush!

I am looking forward to the New Year and albeit the ups and downs a year can bring, I am optimistic. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

To my family and friends, I hope you had wonderful holidays and a fantastic New Year. Let's see what 2013 can bring and hopefully it will be filled with new ideas, great shows and wonderful new memories. XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...