Monday, May 21, 2012

Heavy T`s Comedy Competition

Being a performing artist is a lot harder than most people think, it`s not always easy to put yourself out there. Whether you are a singer, an actor or a comedian, the road is usually a rocky one, having the courage to follow your passion takes strength, dedication and persistence. Competitions are even harder as you are not only judged but you go up against other performing artists, it can be very intimidating. A big round of applause to all the comedians that performed at Heavy T`s Comedy Competition.

I had a really great time on Saturday at CafĂ© Domenica. The small place filled up to maximum capacity and the crowd was pleasant, friendly and having fun. It was the last round of 64 comedians that had participated since early 2012. Each comedian had 6 minutes to perform totalling 9 acts. I was really impressed at the quality of performances. A well deserved 1st Place went to Andrew Searles, 2nd Place to Dan Derkson and 3rd Place to Christopher Betts. Some of my favorites also included Steve Nash and Doreen Merriman but I honestly think that Paul Baluyot, Micheal Lifshitz, Colin O`Brien and Francois Tousignant all did a great job. The laughs just kept coming. 

It was a great job by all that organized the event.  Mike Costello made for a really good host while Paul Blanchette did a superb job on the sound and music (can`t wait to see you on stage one of these days). A big hug to Tony for inviting me and my friends, you really are a great guy and we all had a really nice night.










4 comments:

  1. thank you so much..it was for sure a GREAT NIGHT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great night, great job btw :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for coming out and supporting live comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all the comedians that made me laugh. Sorry for the delay in replying, you did great that night :)

    ReplyDelete

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...