Friday, March 14, 2014

Femme Chakra - Out with old and in with the new



2014 has been quite challenging already and when in doubt, I believe, you should put everything aside and look at from a different point of view.  I finally finished putting together a scrapbook of all my shows, classes and productions I did from 1998 to 2008 (I haven`t even begun 2009 to 2014 yet, one thing at a time..lol). I did it because when I get to 65, I want to look back and see the things I accomplished and the awesome people that were part of it. It`s important to me to remember the great moments in my life as I know now, life is pretty short. When life is rough sometimes, it reminds me that it`s only for a short while and things will get better. The funny thing, it made me realise that I can`t hold unto the past and that it`s time to let go and start something new. Although I feel pretty damn lucky to have performed as much as I did, I`m not sure it`s something I would want to do on a regular basis. I`m too much of a Jack of all Trades and my focus always seems to jump from writing, to singing, to dancing and if I can`t put 100% dedication into something, it just isn`t for me. I do envy performers that stay on one track and dedicate themselves solely to one domain but unfortunately that`s just not me. I need to go where the wind takes me. 

Time to move forward. See you all soon and thanks to those that took the time to wish me a Happy Birthday, it meant a lot. Wishing you all the best :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...