Sunday, November 10, 2013

Femme Chakra & Friends

When I put this show together, I really had no idea whether it would work or not. I took a risk and hoped for the best. There are so many things to think about when you are putting on a show. The practices, which were frequent, the music, the sound, the set up to the show. The clothing, the lights, the other artists. I am grateful for the fantastic people that believed in me. Marie Francis and Wanda Taylor, thank you for making my songs better. I learned a lot working with both of you and it gave me a better understanding of my own music. AJ from Dynamic Entertainment, I would have choked if you had not been there for me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. To the comedians, thank you for supporting me. I was aiming for a show that was fun and entertaining and all of you delivered.

I learned a lot doing this project. It was the first time I was singing being myself. When you sing your own songs, people get a wide eyed look into who you are, what you write and what you say as an artist.  This experience was great because it allowed me to be surrounded by people that are honest, reliable and genuine. The crowd was friendly, courteous and the ambiance was great. Thank you!

To my closest friends, it just would not have been the same without you. I love that I can see old friends and we can go back to the way things were without hesitation. That we can enjoy a wonderful time after the show and that the atmosphere is awesome. It will remain in my life as a great memory. Thank you for the support. From my own song, ``we try, we learn, we fail`` but we get back up and start again.

I`m not sure what`s coming up. I`m going to take some time and see what direction life leads me. I will not do the same show over again as I prefer to mix things up. I`m always full of creative ideas and there is usually one that strikes my liking. Until then, have a wonderful Holiday season and hope to see you soon. Love you xxoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...