Sunday, May 29, 2016

Life Sucks Sometimes...

If there is something that I have learnt in the last 5 months is that life can really shoot some nasty curve balls when least expected. Experiences that rip your heart out and that you are forced to confront. I think the older I get, the more I realize how there are always these life changes that stay with you and that you never forget although the really painful ones have an impact and can alter the way you think about yourself and those surrounding you. The things that were once important don`t seem that important anymore; experiences that forever change our ideals.

Just when you think you will survive one disaster another hurricane creeps in and sweeps you up. The expression when it rains it pours feels more like it`s raining and a tsunami just hit. As I have always been a firm believer that the universe sends you as much as you can handle and that everything happens for a reason, I have to admit that it`s hard sometimes to stay positive within than reasoning. It`s easy to say but a lot harder to maintain faced with pain, hurt and frustration.

The thing about crossroads is that it always involves change and decisions. The feeling like you are driving and have come to a dead end where there is only right or left to go but you are uncertain which is the best direction, the questioning period. What should I do? Why is this happening? Questions that taunt you and that albeit other's opinions and support, you ultimately have to figure out on your own. If you have ever questioned the people surrounding you, it is at these times that you will see who is truly there for you and how you know you always stand by them. It's easy to be surrounded by people when life is good, it's another thing when people have to listen to your not so perfect life, complaints and hardships. That is when you realize your social crowd or network is not so big after all. There is a learning experience in everything that happens.

To say the least, so far this year has been a very trying and difficult time for me, life does suck sometimes. This is not a call for sympathy as everyone has there own battles and but rather an understanding and a grateful thank you for everyone that has been there and helped me through it. As I am a strong and independent person, this is just a difficult phase and I will not let it consume me. It's within the worst times of your life that you find your greatest strengths.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...