Friday, May 24, 2013

What`s New...

Wow... 2 months just flew by. Busy, busy, busy… I finally caught up and recovered from the 5 months of hard work for the production of the Hudson`s Music Company’s, Oklahoma.  It will always be on my top list of best experiences and it really made me realise how much I had missed performing.   I miss it all; the excitement, the stage and especially the great and talented artists I met.  I am looking forward to being back on stage soon.

After practising 3 times a week, the last thing I wanted to do was to stop my goal to get back into shape; hence the need for ballet classes.  I am a strong believer that everyone should do some sort of stretching; yoga, ballet, Pilates, etc.  I might dislike the pain now but in 10 weeks I will reap the rewards (if I don`t die first - lol).  Big thanks to Marie Francis for introducing me to the Westmount class.  Sheila, the teacher, amazes me.  In her 60`s, she is in better shape than most 40 year olds.  I have no doubt that this woman will whoop me back into shape in no time.

I am moving forward with some new projects and am looking forward to the fall months.  I plan on working with other artists as well as putting together a show introducing my original music. It will be nice to see some of the artists that I used to work with as well as some new faces.  Studio should be on schedule for July to try out some new songs.  Like I always said, if it`s only going to be a passion that`s fine, it`s my passion. 

This summer should be interesting, I`m looking forward to seeing some comedy and shows as well as some theatre and musicals.  I frequently try out some of my original music at L`Uniq at 805 Decarie (A big congratulations to Richard and Linda on their recent wedding.  Sorry I could not make it).  Every second Saturday they have a comedy night introducing new up and coming artist,  so if you are in the St-Laurent area don`t hesitate to come by and say hello.  It is definitely time to get back to work…  

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...