Sunday, July 8, 2012

Brasserie La Residence Fund Raiser


I headed down to Pierrefonds yesterday to help support the cure for breast cancer. Barb Graham was the organizer of the event and believe me, this woman is full of passion and determination to put an end to not only breast cancer but to all cancers. A breast cancer survivor, she worked really hard to put together a great BBQ filled with laughter and entertainment. Her dedication to the cause is relentless and her speech about the preventions and well as the hardship of cancer not only touched me but had an effect on most of the guests. Having a father that died of cancer and knowing others that are affected by it, her words hit home. It was wonderful to see people come together and help support such a great cause. A big hand of applause to all the comics: Heavy T, Richard Thomas Mullan, Doreen Merriman (Lady Dee), Mo Vee Vartanian, Linda Brazil, Avi Tanny and Elissa Dubinsky. (Click on their names to reach them on Facebook) They were all great. By donating money and/or your time, everyone should feel rewarded that they participated in helping others fight this horrible disease.







PS: I am looking forward to next year, you can count on my hamburger being bought:)


1 comment:

  1. It was for sure a FANTASTIC EVENING!! I am SO PROUD to say I had part in it..
    I really wish that a certain singer,sang a song for us..but you can't ALWAYS get what you want!!!
    thank you Anne Marie,for taking the time to come!!!

    ReplyDelete

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...