Wednesday, January 11, 2017

It`s 2017, Kinky Boots and Change

Well it is finally 2017! I`m usually a positive person and I try really hard to be positive for others. Normally a New Year does not change that but 2016 was a harsh one and I have to say, I`m glad it is over. I do not believe that because it`s a New Year that all my problems will just suddenly disappear and now everything is rosy but I`m glad that the anguish has dimmed and I can feel somewhat at peace, I am ready to take on new challenges. 

So I got to start the year by enjoying what I consider one of the best musicals I have seen in a while. Although I am a fan of musical theatre I would not consider myself enveloped in it. I have the up most respect for traditional shows but I am someone that loves to see live shows that are focused on singing and dancing, comedy, stage, and costumes, I love upbeat charismatic shows. Kinky Boots is as charismatic as is comes. It reminded me of Cindy Lauper and how I saw her in the 80`s, the wild girl with the eccentric voice, bright red hair with a funny and charming personality. Although Cindy Lauper was not in the show, she wrote the music and lyrics and it reminded me how different and creative she was, she is still pushing the limits and I really like that about her. I`m really glad that she won a Tony award for the show, it really was fantastic. Not your typical show for viewers that do not know what drag queens can do but I can guarantee you will be amazed by the talent, the voices, the stage, the costumes and the upbeat dance. I`m still in awe of the fact that most of the men looked better than most women I know and that they could do a full show in those boots! If it does come back to Montreal, I do recommend seeing it as it`s a fun show even if you are not a fan of musical theatre. All in all, a wonderful time with friends with laughter, entertainment and with a twist of eccentric and charm. Great night!
 
I did finally finish by biography on my YouTube channel and I really think that it helped me to move on. It kept me occupied and gave me a chance to go back in time and reminded me of all the hard work I had put in over the years. I got to relive memories, remind myself of all the great people I worked along side and gave me an opportunity to acknowledge those that made a significant difference in my artistic career. It was a little difficult summing up your entire career in 7 episodes of 10 to 15 minutes as I have done so much more but it definitely sets a tone to some of my accomplishments.
 
I really have no idea what I will do this year, I have no upcoming projects and I am solely focusing on change. I am hoping 2017 will be filed with creativity and new adventures and I want to take the time to hopefully get back to a healthy lifestyle with a positive mind set. You can always catch up or subscribe to my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/femmechakra as that is usually up to date as well as my blog or you can just visit if the thought of me ever comes up. I truly hope your New year is starting on a positive note but if it is not, give me a call and hopefully I can help put a smile on your face as so many helped me last year put one on mine when I really needed it.  



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...