Monday, May 2, 2016

Jumping Back on the Boat

Maya Angelou wrote, "what you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Don't complain."

In the last few months there has been quite a bit of complaining, crying, ranting and raving so I wanted to take a minute and thank all my friends and family that were there to listen and support me. Considering I have always been an outgoing, hard working and dedicated individual, the turn of events in February left me drained, exhausted and heart broken. It really is hard loosing someone you love and it has left me humbled with a great sense of compassion for those dealing with the same situation. As many told me, in time, the pain will slowly subside and it will get easier. You never forget but slowly you can start to breathe again.

The arts for me is my gateway to happiness. Some find it in cooking, sports, training and/or anything that they find as a release to the everyday stress and anxiety. I haven`t felt much like socializing in the last few months so the solitude of working on music, practising vocals and writing has kept me sane. Starting my own music YouTube Channel has been that release. Will it ever be a success? Probably not but you don't write or sing for success, you do it because you love it and you hope that a few like and appreciate it. I have always been too insecure so this is also a way for me to grow, accepting yourself and all your flaws is really hard but exhilarating at the same time. When I turn 70 (if time permits) I want to look back and see what I accomplished as an artist and I want to remember those memories, experiences and people that led me to write and dedicate those songs, I find comfort in that. You can review all my songs at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCabV75B6Jq_3mgSExrQIMBQ. Please subscribe if you can and thanks ahead of time for listening.

As for My Montreal Art and Fitness https://www.youtube.com/user/femmechakra, new things are coming up but I am not in a rush. I have lived in Quebec my entire life and albeit all the ranting and raving, I think Montreal is a great city with a lot to offer. I enjoy supporting local talent, seeing what is going on and trying new things. You can follow on my Google +, Facebook and Twitter.

As it has always been a relentless battle for me to stay fit and in shape, hence why I created My Montreal Art and Fitness, I have to admit, in the last few months, I have not been kind to my body. Although there should be no excuses as everyone has their demons, it is the truth. It will be hard to get back up and start again but I am confident I will. It all starts with a positive outlook and a little motivation to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully trying a few new dance classes and getting back to a healthy lifestyle will lead me to be inspired to work on other dance projects.

Although it has been an emotional 6 months with turbulence and tribulations, it is time to jump back on the boat. My mother taught me to be strong and resilient and for that I am grateful.

Again, thanks to those that support me, I truly do appreciate it and hope to see you soon xo.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...