Monday, January 4, 2016

It`s a New Year!

Hi everyone and welcome back to My Montreal Art and Fitness. Well it`s a New Year and I hope everyone had Happy Holidays.

Last year was a really great year for me. It is an amazing feeling when you set out to accomplish a goal and succeed. The idea behind My Montreal Art and Fitness was to get out there, try some fitness and dance classes, meet new artists, focus on creating and learning and I really did. I got to meet and got to know many great Montreal Artists, wrote, sang, danced, every time I set an idea, I just did it. My last video covers some of my favorite moments but you can review all the interviews on my YouTube and blog stories to get an idea of what I have done. I also released some of my old cover songs, some old shows and a new song I wrote. You can review my dance fitness routines that I choreographed, they are always fun if you are looking to dance around at home.

As this is a new year and although last year was really great, I want to focus on doing a little less but with more substance. This year I don`t have a set plan. I don`t want to post or create something because I have set a goal or a time frame.  I want to try new things and when I`m ready and if I feel like it, work on it. I want to take some time and focus on my music, I still have so many songs that I would love to share. As everyone knows by now, I am in constant need of motivation when it comes to fitness so I will definitely have to work on getting back to that.

 
This month, I decided to release my No! No! NO! song. Although it`s been on sale on Itunes forever, I kept posting it and deleting it.  I have always been insecure about my music so believe me this is progress. Most artists that I know feel the same way, we are never completely happy or satisfied with what we do and we are our own worst critic. I wrote it 5 years ago and at that time I wrote from the heart. Whether it be a dance tune or not, it still brings back certain memories that I will never forget and appreciate.

Recently I spoke to an old friend who reminded me that everything happens for a reason. The first show that I produced was at a small pub called Scotyz on the outskirts of Montreal in Greenfield Park. The dance and singing cover show was called Chakra and it was the first time I ever sang an original song which was called Mother America. It was a really great track written by some awesome Montreal talent. The video is quite old but the poet, the singers and the song has and forever will be a part of who I am and I also want to share that with you this month.

I do have a few other ideas but like I said, I`m going with the flow this year. My blog has a new section called ``My Montreal Thoughts`` which I plan on working at being honest about certain topics that touch me not only as an artist but as a person. I have a few ideas about health and fitness and I still would like to promote local talent as it`s important to me.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year filled with laughter and love and hope this year is filled with great memories. Thanks for taking the time and do drop by again, as I am constantly trying new things, you never know what you may miss.

1 comment:

  1. Go on lady to your dreams . Don't stop . You will success more than 2015

    ReplyDelete

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...