Friday, November 20, 2015

Shame on Me - The Paris Attacks

I will not pretend to understand the politics that have caused such a disaster and I won`t point fingers because the actual truth, I will never know. 
What I do know is you do not attack someone without notice, animals do that. There is a fine line between what are the casualties of war. A real man get`s on a battle field and fights. He challenges his opponent and wins with his mind, his weapon and strength. A moral man does not rape, torture and kill women and children. They do not hide and throw bombs at innocent people. It is uneducated simple minds that create such chaos. Those that believe themselves a superior race and are using religion as a disguise for their political wants and desires.

My heart truly does go out to Paris and all other countries that are being threatened by their way of life.   

My heart also goes out to the Muslims that only want to practice their faith in peace. This small group of radicals have destroyed the many great teaching that Muhammad practised and taught by installing fear of the ancient texts that install archaic rules and regulations built for those times which are no longer a reality. Much like the ancient texts of Christianity, at one point, you have to move into the future.

Shame on me. For a brief moment I let fear cloud my judgement. I grew up with morals, values and the difference between right and wrong. When children are hurting, people are suffering and when everyone gives up on you, you have someone that helps. Humanity is helping others. Yes, the wrong people might get into the country but at the same time, thousands of people can be helped. We are lucky enough to have been born here and we have the space and resources to help people. That is what should count. Not the fanatics or the lunatics because believe it or not, they will never disappear. Fear will not stop me from believing that there are honest and good people. I would rather die knowing I helped than live knowing I did nothing about it. 

To my Canadian Government,

I have no problem with the thought of helping refugees come to Canada. I leave you with the task of selecting those that really do want a new future. Those that are struggling to survive and that are asking for help for just cause. But note, if you are not paying attention, those that you let into our country may one day be the ones that have access to destroy and create chaos. Paris is not that far away, be sure of those who you choose to invite.

And to my fellow refugees, you are welcome here. We will support you, help you and treat you like the person you want to become. And asking politely, because we always do, don`t try and change our laws. It has taken us 150 years to come up with a peace agreement, we like it because we fought for it, be a part of it or move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...