Sunday, October 11, 2015

My Montreal Dance and Fitness Week Oct 2015

Well it`s that time again! If you did not know, last year at this time I did a Zumba Fitness Week which I introduced the Zumba program and I choreographed some Zumba routines. I had at the time gotten certified in Ottawa and it was a way for me to get motivated as well as see what was going on within the program. There are pros and cons to every program and although I did not keep my certification, it was a great stepping stone towards seeing what was going on with dance and fitness in and around the Montreal area.

As I have been dancing ballet, jazz and tap since I was 5 and having continued learning different disciplines throughout my life, it seemed natural to write about something that I have a passion for and that I enjoy. You can read about all the classes I took on my blog under Dance and Fitness .


In April, I did my first Montreal Dance and Fitness week which I choreographed a basic ballet and a basic jazz. At the same time, I spent time taking different classes as well as interviewing some teachers about their classes, fitness and/or technique. You can view those interviews on my YouTube under Dance and Fitness Interviews. It was interesting and entertaining getting to know the teachers and programs and it helped me to try and stay motivated. Although that is not always easy for me, it has been a great experience that I hope to continue. If you do know of any classes you think I should try, don`t hesitate to contact me, I am always up to trying something new!

My idea to choreographe routines on my YouTube was to introduce basic styles of dance or fitness for those that wanted to learn a few routines. They are free for those that can`t afford classes and hopefully a few will find some of them entertaining and fun. In my Playlists on my YouTube under ``Dance Movements``, you can learn the different steps that I incorporated into the choreographies taught by some wonderful online teachers.

This week on My Montreal Dance and Fitness Week, I got together with Guylaine Maheu, Guylaine Thibeault and Sophie Protopoulos to discuss dance and fitness. I will introduce you to the dancers, you will see clips of the discussions and you will see two new basic routines I choreographed. I`m calling one a country line pop dance and the other, a fitness choreography on a soca beat. A big thanks to all the dancers for sharing their views and quickly learning and taking part in the choreographies, it was fun and a good work out.

Also, a big thanks to everyone that has taken their time whether it be for the stories I write, the interviews and/or the classes, I have learned a lot. To those that read or review My Montreal Art & Fitness, you have no idea how much I appreciate your time and support! All videos will be playing on my Facebook, Twitter and Google + pages or you can visit my YouTube and keep up to date. Hopefully you will enjoy My Montreal Dance and Fitness Week Oct 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...