Saturday, October 31, 2015

Thank you for a great year! October 31, 2014-2015

Well I did it! I made a promise to myself a year ago today. I opened My Montreal Art & Fitness because I had a passion for the Arts and I really believed that Montreal and it`s surroundings had some really great talent. One year ago today, I told myself I would try new things, meet new people, dance more, sing more, create more and I did, I achieved my goal.

I tried numerous amount of fitness and dance classes which I met interesting, dedicated and creative artists. I spoke with comedians, singers and dancers and got to discuss my love of dance. I performed live, visited new places, recorded in studio, did a live video and spent hours in front of a camera. I released shows I never thought I would, saw myself up close and personal and yet, stayed focused on my goal.

I spent time getting to know Montreal, Quebec and it`s surroundings. I saw shows, spoke to artists and met some outstanding teachers that have spent their whole lives dedicated to what they love. I got to meet genuine people that appreciated when I was there and saw people I had not seen in a long time.

All in all, not a bad year ;) I set out to try something different and I learned along the way, well worth my time and effort. The goal of my project was for one year. Learn, try, create and see what happens. Well I did it and i`m proud I did.

Here is a quick glance of some of the artists I wrote about and/or interviewed as well as my few favorite moments and memories of my 2015 artistic year. Although there were so many more, it would just be too long to put into a single video.



On that note, although I will be around, I`m going to take a hiatus. A time to reflect, disappear and try something different. See what I want to do, what I want to work towards and spend some time on relaxation. Goals don`t always work out the way you planned but in the long run, only those that try again, experience something new. Thank you for watching, reading and/or just following, it`s a great feeling to know appreciation. I strongly believe that you always pick yourself up and start again. In the long run, it`s not supposed to be about the goal but the enjoyment you got from doing what you love.

If you would like to catch up on the stories I wrote you can review my blog at http://femmechakra.blogspot.ca/ or take a look at my YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/femmechakra . There is real talent in this city and i`m glad I got the chance to take part in it. Cheers and see you soon, I`ll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...