Sunday, September 13, 2015

My new song - I Take it Back

Coming up tomorrow is my original video and song ,``I Take it Back``. I don`t think I have ever done something that caused me so much confusion, anxiety and pressure.

I remember having started to write the song about a year and half ago. I finished it in January 2015 amongst the grey and crappy weather that Montreal was having at that time. When I was sitting there, writing the lyrics and melody, I kept re-calling all the mistakes I had made and I imagined how that along my journey, I probably pissed off a few people..lol.

I have read a lot of quotes that say ``don`t apologise for you are`` but rarely did they ever say, ``just say sorry, at times you are wrong``. I am a strong believer of once you make the effort to make amends, then you can grow. This is that song for me.

The video was shot in my hometown, St-Hubert, Quebec. It`s a small man made lake in the midst of a busy little city. I think the videographer portrayed the vision for what I had in mind for the song. When doing a new project, you never know what can happen but it was a pleasant sunny day and we worked really well together.

The experience is one I won`t forget. It`s hard as an artist (let alone being a woman) seeing oneself so up close, natural and personal. When I saw the video all I could think was ``damn, I really wish I could Photoshop``, lol. Being self-critical is the hardest part when it comes to being an artist, we are our own worst critic!

At the same time, I am coming to the terms that I am who I am, this is me growing. In this case, it`s me just being me with all my flaws and imperfections. 

There are quite a few people that played a role in this song. A big thanks to Adamack Beats that allowed me to experiment and create something new. Nick Fullinger from Studio Magique, http://www.studiocitymagic.com/ that recorded, sang and helped me with the harmonies and back vocals and Lina ParĂ©, https://metaroundthecorner.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/liana-the-ghost/ that filmed and edited. A special thanks to Sandra Zetino, sandra.zetino@videotron.ca, the hair, that`s her! Not only is she a fabulous hairdresser, she has been a close friend for well over 10 years.

I hope you enjoy it! I`m not sure when or if ever I will do another video clip but it was experience in which I learned a lot about myself. Thanks for watching, you can catch it on my YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/femmechakra.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 The Covid Year

It took me a while to decide how I was going to start this blog as it has been so long since I have written that I did not want to start on ...